Sunday, May 17, 2009

How Do You Spell Liar? M-A-R-K-D-U-K-E

Here is something that is posted on the internet (click here for the source) about identifying some ways to tell if someone is a pathological liar:



  1. They lie about even the smallest things. For example, saying "I brushed my teeth today," when they didn't.


  2. They add exaggerations to every sentence.


  3. They change their story all the time.


  4. They act very defensively when you question their statements.


  5. They believe what they say is true, when everyone else knows it isn't.

Here's an alternate "checklist":


  1. Lies when it is very easy to tell the truth.


  2. Lies to get sympathy, to look beter, to save their butt, etc.


  3. Fools people at first but once they get to know him, no one believes anything they ever say.


  4. May have a personality disorder.


  5. Extremely manipulative.


  6. Has been caught in lies repeatedly.


  7. Never fesses up to the lies.


  8. Is a legend in their own mind.

Does any of this sound familiar? Does the cult leader who is president of the Freedom Foundation come to one's mind?


Last year, when I visited Selma to attend two meetings held by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, I heard Mark Duke make the claim that he never went on the internet. The first time that I heard it, it seemed rather odd; for a corporate executive in our modern day to never have gone on the internet would be highly unusual. The second time I heard Duke say it, I knew his claim was bogus. I had several days before read an electronic message that Duke had sent to a number of his cult followers where he made reference to his surfing the web.


Last week Duke and one of his co-hosts (Ronald Smith) have been on some interesting rants on their RealTalk™ radio program (a lot of [false] doctrine is being pushed through the airwaves by these two, even though the Freedom Foundation doesn't have any doctrinal positions!), and Mark Duke again made this interesting prevarication:


"I never go on the Internet, never have" (you can listen for yourself below)


Really? What about these words straight from Duke's fingers:


"As I read thru the info of Morris Curello. The ministry Paul S. is going after my heart sunk. The millions of dollars, the scams and the prey fo [sic] the simple minded and the poor and elderly. It made me sick. It felt so dark and I continued to read web-site after web-site of horro [sic] stories of this minsitry. There were 3,000 storeis [sic] on the internet involving him. 95 percent negative. The lawsuits and the houses and planes, etc....in this I could feel the dark froces [sic] and powers. In fact both Gwen and I had to put the info down as it was really oppressive just to read." (excerpted from a 2004 electronic mail message sent by House of God cult founder and leader Mark Duke to his followers)


Will the real Mark Duke please stand up!





Click the play button above to hear Mark Duke Speak It!
(c) copyright 2009 RealTalk™ and The Freedom Foundation. Used without permission.





You can easily share this blog entry with others by clicking on the email link (envelope icon) below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I may not read your comment. If you desire for me to contact you, or if there is something that you want me to know, please send me an email using this address: wewillfindthetruth@gmail.com. You can also contact me via U.S. Mail at PO Box 361493, Birmingham, AL 35236.

Thanks again, Allan McConnell