Monday, January 5, 2009

I've Been Like A God To You!

During one of The House of God's "Sisters Rallies" Mark Duke made the incredible claim that "I've been like a God to you"!

I know there are some that would say that I took that little snippet out of a full sermon and it's out of context, but what context would make something like this acceptable? The only way it would be correct is if Mark Duke said it and then turned right around and told the sisters that it was wrong to say it.

I've heard House of God and Freedom Foundation members claim that their movement is not about one man (Mark Duke), but throughout every sermon I have heard Mark Duke preach it's Mark, Mark, Mark and and more of Mark.

Mark Duke's incredible claim of being like a God to his followers is very subtle, and in my mind very dangerous.

Have a listen for yourself....


Click the Play Button above to listen

Here is a quote from Deborah Layton's book Seductive Poison* (page 286 - she is talking about her experience of testifying before a congressional hearing arranged by Congressman Leo Ryan):

I could see from their furtive glances that many of them were dubious. I imagined they were relieved that their daughters would never get themselves into such a ludicrous situation. I caught someone’s eye and smiled. But I felt defensive. I wanted to scream that it could happen to anyone’s child.

Please join me in praying that the one and only God of Scripture will open the eyes of the "daughters" - young and old - who are involved in Mark Duke's false spirituality.

*An Anchor Book published by Doubleday a division of Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing, New York, New York. (c) Copyright 1998 by Deborah Layton


You can easily share this blog entry with others by clicking on the email link (envelope icon) below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I may not read your comment. If you desire for me to contact you, or if there is something that you want me to know, please send me an email using this address: wewillfindthetruth@gmail.com. You can also contact me via U.S. Mail at PO Box 361493, Birmingham, AL 35236.

Thanks again, Allan McConnell