Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Real Lives, Real Hurt

Following is part of a message that I received today from a mom with a daughter involved in the House of God and the Freedom Foundation.

I have edited this dear lady's message to remove her daughters names. The members of the House of God and Freedom Foundation who see this will know exactly who is being spoken of. Please pray with me that the daughter who is being spoken of will realize that her mom and sisters are heartbroken without her in their lives, and that no one has forgotten her:


My heart is crying today, this is harder than I had imagined, I had to go through her things that the girls did not toss out. Oh that hurts every time.

Then there are the picture albums, all of the other’s wedding photos, and the list goes on and on... my heart hurts, please pray for me, and for the others that suffer the same loss as they look at pictures, and have an end to the memories.

One of her sister’s got so angry one day, she said it is worse than her being dead, if she were dead we would have memories; this way she has taken our memories away and stolen those that we could have. Alas it is so! This was after one of my other daughters wrote to her sister and said it is as if you were dead, but we cannot grieve your loss for you are still out there somewhere; she gave NO response.

When her first baby was born, the other five girls had gone away together; all six of them had been putting money into a savings account for years to be able to go away together.

When they could not handle it, they came home. One of them called me to come get her, she could not take it anymore, and she was so hurting. The rest were staying, sticking it out, I had the babies. I got home with the one daughter who called me and a few short hours later the other four were on the doorstep crying - none of them could handle it. Their sister had a baby and they weren't allowed to be involved. How do you hurt for yourself and your kids?

I am not the only one, there are so many out there in the same boat, not all in House of God or the Freedom Foundation, they were in Peoples Temple and countless others, I have to speak out about all of this then don't I, especially if it keeps ONE family together?

Oh the hard places that the Lord calls us to follow. Woe is me, he said, I am undone. I don't think Isaiah quite meant it the way that I feel at this moment, but I say it the same...


Lord, how long wilt thou look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, my darling from the lions. Psalm 35:17 (KJV)

You can easily share this blog entry with others by clicking on the email link (envelope icon) below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I may not read your comment. If you desire for me to contact you, or if there is something that you want me to know, please send me an email using this address: wewillfindthetruth@gmail.com. You can also contact me via U.S. Mail at PO Box 361493, Birmingham, AL 35236.

Thanks again, Allan McConnell